Custom Search

Friday, May 22, 2009

Haiku Friday #21: Self-Challenge, Continued...

Haiku Friday


As long as I am
Updating you on current
Events in my life,

I might as well write
About my latest results
With my fitness goals:

When I updated
Last time, I mentioned that I
Was doing well with

Exercise, but not
So well with my diet plan.
Maybe I was too

Hard on myself, but
The gist was the same. I did
Take some advice from

My commenters, but
My habits are still not what
I want them to be.

I'm still steadily
Improving my overall
Level of fitness,

And soon I plan to
Start focusing on my strength
And balance training.

I am not eating
As well as I want to or
Should be, but I'm still

Trying and getting
Better every week; what I'm
Eating is good food,

But I have yet to
Find the right balance of foods
For me, including

More fruits and veggies.
I'm drinking more water and
My energy's high.


Okay, seriously, gotta switch to prose before I drive all you readers out there batty.

During the past month or so, when I'd been more depressed, I didn't keep up on my fitness plan much. But I can honestly say that I've been back on the wagon for a few weeks now, and I'm very happy with my basic level of fitness. I definitely have more energy, and moving gets easier and easier all the time.

Like I said, I'm not eating bad food, just maybe not enough of the really good stuff -- green vegetables and fruits, primarily. I'm getting better, though.

Anyone else out there still working on getting in shape? How's it going? Leave me a comment!

Want to read more haiku or try it out yourself? Click here.

5 comments:

Cathy

just keep at it!! That's what I'm trying to do! :) some weeks I do better with eating than others, so I hear you.

Mariposa

I just made a post on this too...my bad habits and good intentions clash sometimes...ha!

But you seem to be doing fine...you are so almost there...just keep it up!

Maude Lynn

I swing back and forth. I do really well for a while, then . . . not so good!

jabblog

Sounds all too familiar! I don't diet - just eat!

Mel

Jabblog: I love to eat. I love all things sweet and all things carbohydrate. It never created a problem for me until I had the baby. Lately I've started hanging onto it...

Thanks for your support and the comment!

Blogger template 'Colorfull' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008